Toggle shoutbox Fkn0wned Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Kcun : (19 April 2015 - 12:57 PM) A new post was made on topic [SE]The World's Most Important Social Engineering Tip - REVEALED!
@  Domino61 : (19 April 2015 - 12:56 PM) A new post was made on topic Bypass Paypal Payment [n00b-friendly]
@  Kcun : (19 April 2015 - 12:55 PM) A new post was made on topic [TuT]Sidewinder x6
@  Kcun : (19 April 2015 - 12:55 PM) A new post was made on topic [Tut] SE Magic-flight (Vaporizer)
@  Kcun : (19 April 2015 - 12:54 PM) A new post was made on topic [SE]You are so awesome, now give me your passwords…
@  Domino61 : (19 April 2015 - 12:54 PM) A new post was made on topic [TuT] $250+ Check
@  Kcun : (19 April 2015 - 12:52 PM) A new post was made on topic [TuT] $250+ Check
@  Domino61 : (19 April 2015 - 12:39 PM) A new topic called [WTS] Steam account was created on forum Regular Sellers District
@  riverzrock : (19 April 2015 - 12:25 PM) A new post was made on topic [TUT] Sony Headphones by SuprMacDaddy [TUT]
@  riverzrock : (19 April 2015 - 12:23 PM) A new post was made on topic Astro PID Generator!
@  Afteryou : (19 April 2015 - 12:04 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=seCPL-KyW4A
@  Afteryou : (19 April 2015 - 12:03 PM) WELCOME TO MORTAL KOMBAT!
@  [VIP]Venomz1337 : (19 April 2015 - 11:30 AM) A new topic called Buying SE Service's for CSGO items was created on forum Buyers Plaza
@  [Owner]TuxifieD : (19 April 2015 - 11:19 AM) welcome to the world
@  dumle11 : (19 April 2015 - 11:02 AM) A new topic called [H] 44.42€ Steam Wallet [W] PP Money was created on forum Traders District
@  Cbriggs77 : (19 April 2015 - 10:42 AM) A new post was made on topic [WorldWide Shop] All Accounts l Configs l Combolists l Others Shop [Vouched by Admin]
@  aidskan : (19 April 2015 - 10:39 AM) A new post was made on topic another 19 social club accounts
@  dichvusocks.us : (19 April 2015 - 10:23 AM) A new post was made on topic [DICHVUSOCKS.US] 21h00 PM UPDATE 24/24- Good Socks
@  Domino61 : (19 April 2015 - 09:29 AM) A new post was made on topic [WTS]Seafight Account [Browser Game]
@  counterboy9039 : (19 April 2015 - 09:21 AM) Who go brazzers acc? Haha

Not your typical drug discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

Emrys

Heart, Honor, Respect

• [RnR]Retired and Respected�

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
  • 25 points
  • Joined 06-August 10

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Preface: I don't smoke, and I will not smoke. Through the entirety of this post, I'll do my best to not force my personal opinion on you, but I will state it, whether you agree with it or not.

Okay so let's jump right into it.

I don't care if you smoke, do hard drugs, how much you smoke/do. I just want to ask you a simple question because I've examined it from many angles and I can't understand it.

Before you answer these next two questions, I want you to read the entire post, then give me a good response.

Why?

What drives your desire for smoking/drugs?

A bit of a backstory.
When I was younger, I, along with probably nearly every kid you've ever met, had the option to smoke, try smoking weed, and get into that whole scene. Back then I was scared. I didn't want to fall into a downward, destructive spiral of heavy drug use. So I said no. I was also driven by a respect for my family. I didn't want to embarrass my family if I were to ever get in trouble with drugs and I didn't want to let them down. Now being smarter, more educated, I'm not scared of marijuana but I still will never smoke, not even cigarettes.

Here's the thing I don't understand. In my opinion, its simply not worth it. I don't understand why I would want to waste so much money for a short, temporary high. For me it's a simple decision, with a high cost and risk should anything happen, I will not smoke.

Which leads me to thinking why would someone else want to smoke or get into drugs. The first viable reason I can see is escapism. Running away from real issues by getting high. All I can say is in my opinion, this is cowardly. Cowardly and shortminded.

The next reason I could see is to relax, loosen up. Well to that, the only thing I can say is you shouldn't need drugs to relax and loosen up in social situations. The only person standing in your way is yourself. If you allow yourself to open up a bit, this is no longer an issue.

Another reason could be as a form of rebellion and curiousity. You think, drugs are illegal, my parents said to say no to drugs, but what makes them so bad? Why are they so illegal? So naturally, you try it. I can understand why you might want to try smoking as a result of this, but is it all really worth the cost and risks that come along with it?

So share your motivation for me. I'm genuinely interested because I don't understand it.
You can agree with my views and opinions or not, but here they are.

One final note, don't bother coming in here and trying to act cool and talk about how much weed you smoked this one time, or how baked you were last night, I don't want that shit. I want a real, mature conversation. If you can't do that and handle this topic like an adult, then don't bother posting here.

EDIT: One more thing I feel needs to be added in. I'm not trying to attack your decisions or lifestyles, nor do i mean to force my opinion on you or condemn you for drug use. And if my post comes out that way, sorry. To each his own.

Posted Image

Official Fkn0wned.com Graphics Resource Packs: - [color=#FF00FF;]Click Here[/color]

Vision Media Design Service

Cosmonty

Owner

• [VIP]General VIP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 12h 40m 20s
  • 28 points
  • Joined 19-April 11
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

I perosnally smoke becuase of 3 reasons 1 TERRIBLE migraines and it helps, 2 my back is so fucked up it makes it go numb from time to time so thats another reason, and 3 becuase when im high i sleep, unlike any other time
Posted Image
Spoiler

Emrys

Heart, Honor, Respect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
  • 25 points
  • Joined 06-August 10

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

I perosnally smoke becuase of 3 reasons 1 TERRIBLE migraines and it helps, 2 my back is so fucked up it makes it go numb from time to time so thats another reason, and 3 becuase when im high i sleep, unlike any other time

So I take this as you have a medical prescription for marijuana? If not, perhaps try goin to the doctor my man. Who knows, you could get something more effective, not to mention legal, and if your insurance will help cover, cheaper as well.

Posted Image

Official Fkn0wned.com Graphics Resource Packs: - [color=#FF00FF;]Click Here[/color]

Vision Media Design Service

PopTart

Forum God

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,767 posts
  • 672 points
  • Joined 05-August 10
  • Location127.0.0.0

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

What made you start smoking at first?

"Your mistakes, like mine, are a part of who you are now. You can't move on from that. believe me, I've made a sizable number. But...sometimes your mistakes can surprise you.
My biggest mistake, for instance, brought me here. At exactly this moment when you might need some help." -Finch

SSO2Ivx.png

Cosmonty

Owner

• [VIP]General VIP

• 2,120 posts
  • 28 points
  • Joined 19-April 11
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

So I take this as you have a medical prescription for marijuana? If not, perhaps try goin to the doctor my man. Who knows, you could get something more effective, not to mention legal, and if your insurance will help cover, cheaper as well.

I live in a state where medical is legal and nothing they have will help with migraines idk if you have ever had one but sometimes they get so bad i throw up.
Posted Image
Spoiler

Cosmonty

Owner

• [VIP]General VIP

• 2,120 posts
  • 28 points
  • Joined 19-April 11
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

What made you start smoking at first?

well the fact ehat people said it made you feel happy, at the time i was like days away from killing myself
Posted Image
Spoiler

RandyCandy

WallFlower

• [VIP]General VIP

• 7,810 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 3h 50m 11s
  • 278 points
  • Joined 05-August 10
  • LocationCali

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

I use to smoke, had a bad child hood (not sure if you want me to expand on that). Now i take painkillers (hydrocodone, vicodin, coedeine etc.) and ectasy just because of depression

"He who angers you conquers you."
-Elizabeth Kenny

"Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change"

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cosmonty

Owner

• [VIP]General VIP

• 2,120 posts
  • 28 points
  • Joined 19-April 11
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I use to smoke, had a bad child hood (not sure if you want me to expand on that). Now i take painkillers (hydrocodone, vicodin, coedeine etc.) and ectasy just because of depression

i got out of my depression so i dont use it for depression never have other then the firstt few times
Posted Image
Spoiler

PopTart

Forum God

• 9,767 posts
  • 672 points
  • Joined 05-August 10
  • Location127.0.0.0

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

I am not at all bashing you. Im sorry i dont have those feelings so i don't understand it. #1 What exactly made you smoke at first? Did you just walk home and was like 'Im gonna smoke for the first time because im depressed?' #2 How do painkillers make you feel better? What exactly do they do to you to make you feel better?

"Your mistakes, like mine, are a part of who you are now. You can't move on from that. believe me, I've made a sizable number. But...sometimes your mistakes can surprise you.
My biggest mistake, for instance, brought me here. At exactly this moment when you might need some help." -Finch

SSO2Ivx.png

Cosmonty

Owner

• [VIP]General VIP

• 2,120 posts
  • 28 points
  • Joined 19-April 11
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I am not at all bashing you. Im sorry i dont have those feelings so i don't understand it. #1 What exactly made you smoke at first? Did you just walk home and was like 'Im gonna smoke for the first time because im depressed?' #2 How do painkillers make you feel better? What exactly do they do to you to make you feel better?

painkillers take all your feeling away. its a really werd high i accedtly took too many vikes and it was not a plesnt experence for me
Posted Image
Spoiler

Baton

FkN L337

• [VIP]General VIP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 7h 26m 20s
  • 96 points
  • Joined 11-August 10

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I feel ya brah. I value my family and what they've given me too much to do something's that obviously not worth it, let alone it's illegal. Drugs would not make my family be proud of me, which has always been my goal in life, since I value them more than I value anyone else. I do not care if people smoke either, as long as they keep it to themselves. Don't go offering or talking about it or bragging or whatever -- it's illegal, you've going nothing going on in your life, and it is NOT exciting.
Posted Image
[color=#333333;][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;"]"[/color][/font][color=#333333;][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;"]... [/color][/font][color=#333333;][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;"]that's what I like about these high school girls, man; I get older, they stay the same age[/color][/font][color=#333333;][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;"]."[/color][/font]
[color=#333333;][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;"]- Wooderson[/color][/font]

Internets

Well. Fuck.

• [VIP]General VIP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
    • Time Online: 28m 41s
  • 0 points
  • Joined 21-August 10

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

I started because my friend told me he tried it with his brother and liked it. He didn't peer pressure me, he just told me and I was like hook me up!I just wanted to try it and see what it was like. I think It's changed my life positively. I honestly feel like I've figured out a lot of things, about people and relationships, school, etc.It's just made me feel better and helps me get through and understand things. Also, I like to have fun. I don't like alcohol very much due to my childhood, but I'll have an occasional drink.
Posted Image Djpanda<3

Posted Image
Yeah. That high.

silentr0ck

The end justifies the means

• 5,640 posts
  • 171 points
  • Joined 27-August 10

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well I'm a young dude but when I was even younger(12) I was outside school on some gay event so I went out with some friends and turned out they had cigs with them,they offered me and I accepted because I wanted to try it.I guess it was a very disappointing experience since I didn't feel any better neither any worse...so I just decided to stay away from that stuff.And since alcohol is a drug maybe it'd be suitable to state my opinion on it.I drink every once in a while,but I'm not like other retarded niggers that get drunk every weekend with cheap shit at the age of 13 just to seem mature.I like to drink because I enjoy what I'm drinking,not for the sake of it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Spoiler

[FkN]silentr0ck

RandyCandy

WallFlower

• [VIP]General VIP

• 7,810 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 3h 50m 11s
  • 278 points
  • Joined 05-August 10
  • LocationCali

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well when i first smoked back in highschool just some guys i knew (i was a skater back then so everyone i knew smoked) were hangin out and i was walkin home from school and they offered me to smoke some, i thought fuck it why not, and ever since that amazing feel i did it almost every day. But i got caught and stopped ever since 09 i think it was. When i take them it just makes my mind loose, forget about problems, i can smile and laugh, i feel good. Even though i know it wont last, if i can be happy for a few hours hey ill take it

"He who angers you conquers you."
-Elizabeth Kenny

"Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change"

Posted Image
Posted Image

elcaminator

ShootinSalad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
    • Time Online: 22m 18s
  • 1 points
  • Joined 15-January 12

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

peer pressure(not forced), just fitting in... i am clean now , but after a while it becomes second nature... its hard to actually realize you are an addict after 15 + years but it happens trust me ....
View My Rep Here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/elCaminaTor/

Vouches:
Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PopTart

Forum God

• 9,767 posts
  • 672 points
  • Joined 05-August 10
  • Location127.0.0.0

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

painkillers take all your feeling away. its a really werd high i accedtly took too many vikes and it was not a plesnt experence for me

Yea but there is a lot of other ways to break depression then taking painkillers... I personally think painkillers make things a lot worse. I was depressed for a few months also i broke it a different way, i just don't see how doing drugs cures depression. If only it only helps it for a few hours.

SSO2Ivx.png

Cosmonty

Owner

• [VIP]General VIP

• 2,120 posts
  • 28 points
  • Joined 19-April 11
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

yeah i dont use it often i dont sxmoke every day maybe once a week if even that just whenever i have money laying around.
Posted Image
Spoiler

Cosmonty

Owner

• [VIP]General VIP

• 2,120 posts
  • 28 points
  • Joined 19-April 11
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yea but there is a lot of other ways to break depression then taking painkillers... I personally think painkillers make things a lot worse. I was depressed for a few months also i broke it a different way, i just don't see how doing drugs cures depression. If only it only helps it for a few hours.

well in an addits mind (randy not talking about you ) they think the only way they can be happy again it to be on that drug.
Posted Image
Spoiler

mcwillzz

sucks to suck.

• [1K]1K Club

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 27m 8s
  • 0 points
  • Joined 29-December 11
  • Location1017 Shady Cove Ct.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

I get migraines, depressed, and I simply enjoy it. I smoke marijuana whenever i feel like. My friends have said I'm addicted, and I ask how I can prove I am not. They say "Go a month" and i do. I do not necessarily "need it" but it helps to ease the pain of different things. i am not dependent on marijuana like some friends of mine, I don't think they could function without it at this point; but this is not an addiction, but a refusal to be depressed. My friend has been diagnosed as being clinically depressed for years, he takes anti-depressants but nothing helps him like marijuana, whenever I am with sober, he can not smile, he doesn't enjoy anything, he simply doesn't care. When I am with him high however, I see him in a new light. He acts more "normal" when he's high. He has a good work ethic in school and is always smiling. Yes, his anti-depressants help, but when they work well he is taking way above the recommended dosage, whereas a little bud can make him feel much happier, and is seemingly much safer.In the end, it all comes down to personal preference, I enjoy smoking because it is fun and social, but also helps to get me out of bed on horrible days of migraines and depression. Also, it helps me do the reverse, it can put me into the best sleep I have ever had full of vivid dreams and even some lucid-dreaming.
Posted Image

Posted Image

f0wh

Cya

• 5,359 posts
  • 113 points
  • Joined 05-August 10

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I don't think you can question a persons addiction to something. It's irrational, if they try to rationalize it, they're being irrational. I've been a heavy drinker for some time now, borderline alcoholic (e.g I drink at least every day), and I won't try to explain myself. I started drinking because I was and still am leading a stressful career and it helps ease the stress temporarily at the cost of shameful episodes and generally much more trouble than it's worth. It's irrational, that's all I can say to it without bullshitting you.

ldRKbI5.png

L5WP15x.png